Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vienna Wrap-Up

After dinner, I strolled around Vienna and did some shopping. I finally found a phone book in a phone booth (my hotel didn't have one, and not every phone booth did either):


When I went to bed, there was a large thunderstorm out my window, so I had to take some lightning pictures.




I was satisfied with that last picture, so I tried to go to sleep. A few minutes later, I heard a loud crack outside my window. I jumped up and saw a fireworks show coming from the Stadtpark:


It was raining pretty good by that time, so I felt bad for those watching the show outside! Soon after the show ended, the front hit our part of the city with furious winds and driving rains. Eventually, it passed to the west, so I took pictures of Stephansdom.



The next morning, I was lucky to catch the sunrise before it rose above the clouds:

No comments: