Friday, August 13, 2010

Vienna, Day 3

This morning, I went to the Kunsthistorisches Museum (the Art History Museum). Across from the Marie Theresien Platz is the museums "sister" building, the Natural History Museum:


They had a piece by Raphael,


as well as Giuseppe Arcimboldo's Summer:


Then I went to the Belvedere


just as a rain storm hit (which trapped me under a tree for about 10 minutes). They didn't allow pictures inside, but I saw Gustav Klimt's most famous work, The Kiss (the only painting I saw all week that was under climate controlled glass). I bought postcards of the paintings I liked the most. Here's The Kiss:


and here is one of my favorites by Leopold Carl Mueller, The Market in Cairo:


Then I went back to my hotel to rest, and now I'm having dinner before I finish my stay here with some shopping!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Loving the blog, Jeff! Keep it up! I'm gonna try to do it like you when Mike and I go to Singapore/Malaysia in Sept.

I'm surprised they even let you take pictures of those few paintings.