Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vienna, Day 2

This morning I went to the Zentralfriedhof, a large cemetery southeast of downtown. It is a Who's Who (Who Was Who) of Vienna, including

Brahms,


Strauss, Schubert, a monument for Mozart, and

Beethoven.


Then I came back into the city for lunch. On my way to the museum section of town, I passed the Hofburg, the imperial palace of the Hapsburgs.


I went to the Leopold Museum, which featured Viennese artists, first.

The most famous piece of art was probably Gustav Klimt's Death and Life:


I then went to the Museum of Modern Art (the Museum Moderner Kunst, or MUMOK). One of my favorite pieces was Brigitte Krowanz's Morsealphabet:


On my way back to my hotel, I passed the Karlskirche:


I ate dinner two blocks from my hotel, at a place with free (free!) WiFi. In fact, I just finished dessert and my blog at about the same time!

No comments: