Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last Rome Blog

After I downloaded my pictures to my laptop, I went on to have dessert at a place called Giolitti, a gelati place recommended by Paola (who grew up in Rome). Sure enough, it was fantastic! I ended up trying Pistachio and Caramel (partly because I only recognized what about 5 flavors were in Italian).


I walked home past the Monumento Vittorio Emanuele II, so I took one last picture of it (this time close to sunset).


I spent Tuesday relaxing, blogging, and tying up loose ends (like drinking espresso and eating tiramisu).

That evening, I hopped a train to Bologna. I had enough time to catch some ruins and eat dinner before catching an overnight train to Vienna.


My "first class" accomodations weren't all that impressive. I had the top bunk, and there was about half an inch to spare before either my head hit the wall or my feet rested on the sharp edge of the box the bed was in.


Worse than that, though, was that the guy sleeping in the bottom bunk smelled of European male, so I was choking on his cologne all night. Fortunately, he left the room for good around 5:30 am.

No comments: