Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Transit

I found wifi!

So now I'll start at the beginning of my trip. It started with a nice note from my coworker John H. while I was out of my office. I had just run out of Post-It notes, so he used the next best thing:


My trip started off with a minor hiccup -- my flight from Chicago to Rome was delayed by an hour and a half. Just before we were about to board, I saw three of my coworkers on their way to a conference in Brazil!

When I got on the plane, I was displeased to find this under the seat in front of me:


This box prevented me from stretching out my left leg. Fortunately, no one sat in the seat next to me, so I was able stretch out diagonally.

I tried to get myself on Rome time by going to sleep as early as possible. But first, I took some pictures of this city (I think it's Lansing) and the sunset.


Next was Toronto and various cities northwest of Buffalo, including one that had a fireworks show. Then we flew over Buffalo, whose baseball stadium was lit up:


Soon after that, I went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning, and opened my window just in time to see Mont Blanc:


Next were the Swiss mountains. I believe the Matterhorn is the one to the right of the large mountain in the center of this picture:

No comments: