Sunday, July 24, 2011

Odds and Ends

Thursday at work, Sara spotted this moth outside of our building, so I took a picture of it.


As far as I can tell, it is some sort of hawk moth, part of the Sphingidae family (meaning Sphinx).

I spent most of my weekend at home doing various things (including watching the end of the Tour de France). The stage that determined the winner of the yellow jersey took place in Grenoble, so I went back and looked through pictures I took last August when I was there. The finish line was to the right of the bend in the river:


Julie's place is somewhere in the distance, close to the route leading to the finish.

Today, while walking back home from the grocery store, I stopped by our local pupuserie for some pupusas.


Pupusas are an El Salvadorian food made with thick corn tortillas, which taste really good. These had cheese and zucchini inside.

No comments: