Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

Melting snow was the theme for me this 4th of July. Starting Friday night at Boulder Creek:


I took this video from the walkway under Broadway:


Sunday, I went hiking with Sara at the Wild Basin part of Rocky Mountain National Park. We had views of Longs Peak and Mt. Meeker on our way in:


We made it all the way to Ouzel Falls:


Then came back by Calypso Cascade:


At this point, Sara took the easier and shorter hike (it was her first hike since ACL surgery) to the Wild Basin trailhead, and I went back to Allenspark to get the car.


Monday, I picnicked with (L to R) Fatma, Harald, Roya, Roberto, and Karl:


The highlight of the hike was crossing the creek:


After a barbeque at our picnic site, we headed back to Boulder and watched the fireworks from near Roya's place:

1 comment: