Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wet Weekend

It's been raining a lot lately around Boulder, and this weekend was no exception. Friday night, I skipped the Street Faire, partly because of the weather. Saturday, I went for a picnic at Chautauqua with Rich, Sara, and Sara's nephew Anthony.



I took these pictures from under my umbrella. This was the first rain shower -- the second one we waited out inside Rich's car!

Today, the four of us went hiking at the Brainard Lake area. We ended up hiking around Long Lake:


There was a lot of snow and mud on the trail:


Rich demonstrates one technique for getting off a mound of snow:




This picture shows Long Lake feeding into the South St. Vrain Creek:


I just discovered I completed the St. Vrain trifecta: North St. Vrain last Sunday, Middle St. Vrain last Monday, and the South St. Vrain today!

We managed to avoid getting rained on during our hike, but between the snow and the mud, our shoes certainly got wet.

No comments: