Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend in Albuquerque

I went to Albuquerque this weekend for my friend from my New Mexico Tech days, Jorge's, wedding. On the flight down Saturday morning, I passed over Great Sand Dunes National Park:


and Los Alamos, with the Parajito Mountain Ski Resort in the foreground:


The wedding was outside at an inn by a golf course. Although it was in the mid-90s, it was super windy, which helped cool us off. These pictures came from the camera of Alicia, one of the bridesmaids, and I got them from facebook.

My entrance with Bonnie:


The ceremony:


The groomsmen:


Charlene and Jorge walking down the aisle:


All in all, it was a good wedding. The worst part was the strong wind throughout, but as I said before, at least it kept us from overheating!

Monday morning, I went to the Albuquerque Zoo with Jorge, Jose (the best man), and Jose's wife, Priscilla. I took a bunch of pictures of all sorts of animals. These were some of my favorite pictures.

White-lipped viper:


Bald eagles:


Polar bear:


Sleeping lion:


After the zoo, I dropped off Jorge and headed to the airport. Albuquerque on my flight home:


Back in time for a Colorado sunset:


It was a fun weekend! I hadn't seen Jose or Jorge's family since I was in Costa Rica in 2005, so it was good to see them. Hopefully I'll see them again in Costa Rica!

No comments: