Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busy and Productive Weekend

As I usually do, I walked downtown Friday night for the Louisville Street Faire. On my way, I saw the prettiest weed I'd ever seen:


The northern catalpas have been in bloom the last week or so. They are a bean pod producing tree:


The Samples played at the Street Faire. They are from Boulder, and made it somewhat big in the 90s, although I'd never heard any of their music.


It was another fun night, and not nearly as packed as last week!


Saturday morning I met Josh, Sara, and Rich downtown for coffee. We all took pictures of this weed growing out of the side of the building:


Josh gave Sara and me a ride home. Just before we got to my place, we saw Andy sitting on his front porch playing his guitar.


We eventually joined him on his porch, where he played a few more songs before his wife, Joan, and their dog, Lenox, came out to join us.


Saturday afternoon, I went over to Roya's place for a barbeque. Sunday I went back downtown for more coffee and lunch, and then did productive things around the house, like doing a little weeding and finally putting together the bicycle that's been sitting in my dining room for almost two years!

No comments: