Thursday, June 2, 2011

Test Flight

Today we had our first test flight. Here's the Twin Otter out on the tarmac:


Since we had a short flight, we were able to fly three scientists. Pawel and I sat in the back, while Thomas sat up by his instrument.


It was a tight fit!

Our flight plan had us flying south along the coast. I finally got a good view of Pebble Beach:


We flew past Point Lobos:


This is one of the bridges along the Pacific Coast Highway:


I took plenty of pictures of the coast.


Here's Pfeiffer Beach, the place I saw the skunk:


Then we turned around and went home, at which point I was on the ocean side of the plane. So I'll skip ahead to the landing. Here's our approach through the Salinas Valley, home of artichoke, strawberry, raspberry, cauliflower, and cabbage fields.


Pawel snapped this picture of me before we landed:


It was a successful test flight -- my instrument performed well enough that I can head home tomorrow!

No comments: