Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

I did more of "the usual" this weekend, especially since I can't hike or anything while I'm resting my knee. I went to the farmers' market Saturday morning after meeting Rich and Sara for coffee at Vic's. It was another sunny day:


I rode my bike (for the first time in two weeks), and since the bike rack was full, we parked next to this bench:


When I parked my bike in the corner of my garage after the farmers' market, I noticed a spider that looked like a black widow, but without the red hourglass markings. It scurried away before I could take a clear picture, but here it is hiding:


I'll try to get a clearer picture of it some other time. It had the black body of a black widow, but beige markings on its abdomen. Maybe I can use Rebecca's guide to insects and spiders to help figure out what it is!

Finally, while waiting for the bus sometime last week, I noticed this sign, which I thought was kind of funny. The sidewalk isn't really closed -- it just ends!

No comments: