Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monterey

With the arrival of the rest of the scientists from Boulder, I've moved out of the house in Salinas and into a hotel in Marina.

This evening, we went to Monterey for dinner. We parked at Fisherman's Wharf:


The wharf was full of sea lions, harbor seals, pelicans, sea gulls, and cormorants. I took several pictures of this sea lion basking on a rock (to the left in the first picture).



We walked down Cannery Row, which wasn't all that exciting.



After a nice dinner at a seafood restaurant, we walked back along the wharf -- and the sea lion was still there!


Swimming nearby was another sea lion. It happened to look at me as I was taking its picture.


I'm mostly done with the installation of my instrument into its rack. Maybe tomorrow I'll have it running on the ground.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love the pic of the seal looking at you while swimming!