Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another Busy Weekend

Friday night as I was driving home, I saw a nice sunset in my rear view mirror, so I stopped and took some pictures.



Saturday, I went to the Resonance Women's Chorus concert in Boulder. A former coworker, Donna, is in the chorus. My favorite song was a rendition of Queen's Somebody to Love.

Sunday I went snowshoeing with Harald, Roya, and Julie, who's in town for a few weeks -- partly for work at a conference in Boulder; the rest of the time for vacation. We went up to Rocky Mountain National Park, and started from the Bear Lake trail (where I was with Brett in November).


On our drive up to the park, we were concerned there wouldn't be enough snow to snowshoe in, since there was hardly any on the ground between Boulder and Estes Park. But the snow started piling up as we neared Bear Lake, and there was plenty to snowshoe on:


There was a little snow falling, which gave us a nice layer to walk on. However, the sky was gray most of the day, and we couldn't see any mountains.


All in all it was a fun day. I'm tempted to go back in the summer and see what the trail looks like without all that snow!

No comments: