Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

Two Fridays ago, I went to an Avalanche game


with John and two Canadian coworkers, Cora and Trevor:


The Avs won, thanks to some fine goaltending by Craig Anderson (see save above).

Brett came to visit me over Thanksgiving. I decided to try to make a shoo fly pie for Thanksgiving dinner. I had a recipe and all the ingredients:


It looked good going into the oven.


But half of it boiled over while it was cooking!


It was still runny when it came out of the oven, as well.

So I tried again, this time with less water.


But it still boiled out of control.


The first pie tasted OK, but it was very runny. The second was more solid, but looked worse. Either I need to make high altitude adjustments to the recipe, or my oven temperature is wrong.

Friday, I showed Brett around Boulder, starting with Flagstaff Mountain.


We then went downtown to Pearl Street, then walked back to the car along the Boulder Creek Path.


Saturday we went to Rocky Mountain National Park. First, we checked out some views.


Then we went to Bear Lake for a little hiking. This is Hallett Peak, with Bear Lake in the foreground.


I tried to recreate a picture from my youth with this picture.


I won't know if I did until I find the original!

No comments: