Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Boulder to Jackson

Julie and I are taking a short trip to Yellowstone. Yesterday, we drove from Boulder to Jackson, Wyoming. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. Fortunately, Julie remembered hers!

We stopped for lunch in Laramie. We're using a 15-year old Lonely Planet guidebook, which has so far been surprisingly up to date. For example, it recommended Jeffrey's Bistro for lunch, which is still in business!


Julie took some nice pictures along the way. We passed through some heavy rain in Southern Wyoming, but eventually the skies cleared.



We even passed through the town of Boulder!


Eventually (finally!) we drove into mountainous terrain.


We arrived in Jackson just before sunset. Our hotel is at the base of some ski slopes. I took this picture of the sunset.


And finally, here I am just before we headed inside for dinner.


Today, we go to the park!

No comments: