Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Recap of the last two weeks

In case you were wondering, the fire fizzled overnight, and was mostly contained by the next day.

The night before the fire, I took this sunset picture (with my new favorite tweaks, a gamma correction of 0.7 and a saturation of 70 to make it look more like it did through my eyes):


The day before Halloween, I spent a lot of time in downtown Louisville -- first with Sara and her family for coffee and shopping at the Hatch New Mexico chile store, featuring a chile roaster out front, which smelled great:


Then I bumped into Tara and Jason at another coffee shop, then I saw Josh finish the Monster Dash:


For Halloween, I went out to dinner with Jason, Roya, and Harald.


We walked around Pearl Street afterward to check out the costumes.


Last week, we came in third place in trivia:


For awhile, we were over the 6-person player limit, so John played by himself. He came in last place.


Last Tuesday morning after voting, I saw this picture of Louisville in the city hall:


A lot of the same features are still around today, such as Miner's Field:


The moon on my way into work that morning:


My camera is terrible at taking picture of the moon at night, but this makes a nice companion piece to the one above:

2 comments:

Terri said...

Thanks for the new stuff! Love the pumpkin trash bag!

Jeff said...

I know, it was cheap and super-last-minute!