Friday, September 12, 2008

More Wildlife at Work

On my way back from lunch, I saw this spider outside the door. It was moving very slowly; either it was just waking up from the cold rainy night we had, or it had just eaten whatever poison is found in the mousetrap it was next to.



The view through the camera makes the spider look far away from the quarter. Yet when I went to pick up the quarter after taking this picture, the spider looked a lot closer to it!

Thanks again to Wikipedia, I believe this is a wolf spider.



After running some errands after work, I had to swing by the Prius that Roya described at lunch. I don't know what happened to it; I wonder if this is what happens if the batteries are placed in a flame:



3 comments:

Terri said...

Wow! That's aweful...the spider and the Prius! It's a little scary since I have one!

Sara said...

I think that spider is dying... what a depressing post!

Jeff said...

I went outside a few hours later to check on the spider, and it was dead. I tried to leave that part out!