Friday, June 8, 2012

Salina

I've been busy ever since I got to Salina.  Tomorrow will be only my third day off since I got here!  Here are some pictures from the past three weeks.

Intercomparison with NCAR's Gulfstream V:


Sampling inflow into a thunderstorm over Texas:


Storm chasing (by car, this time!) west of Salina:


Pontooning on Lake Milford on Memorial Day:


On Tuesday, I tried to make one of those sun-viewing devices with John, a co-worker of mine from NOAA.  We were trying to view the transit of Venus across the sun:
It didn't work, but luckily someone at the hangar took some good pictures!

A storm over Colorado:

This weekend Salina hosts the Smoky Hill River Festival.  I went with John (pictured above) and Armin, and we saw a couple of bands and ate some festival food.  The closing act were the Steep Canyon Rangers, a bluegrass band with a great fiddle player!



No comments: