Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Walk and Bike to Work Day

Today was Walk and Bike to Work Day, so I chose to ... walk to work!

Here's a map
of my approximate route. Note, the altitude profile is from start to finish, or east to west. So I started by going over the big blue Louisville hill!

About every 100 steps I took a picture. I took 132 pictures, which means I took 13,200 steps to work (give or take a hundred)! I compiled the pictures into a 30 second movie:



I left at 6:10 am and arrived in my office at 8:20. Needless to say, I took the bus home this evening!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That's really neat. I'm amazed that you walked to work.

I saw a photography book once where the artist had started at the Pacific Ocean and walked due east through Los Angeles, taking a photograph every 1/4 mile or so. Later I decided to buy it as a gift for my sister, but I couldn't remember the name and couldn't find it online.