Thursday, June 18, 2009

Childhood Art 2

Sometime around 7th grade, I embossed a tuba onto a small sheet of brass. We then rubbed some sort of acid on it to make it look older, but it didn't come out very well.



Fast forward to 2005, when my friend Jorge and I were driving back from Salt Lake City to New Mexico, via the Grand Canyon. We passed signs for Tuba City, Arizona, but we were in a rush to see Meteor Crater before sunset, so we didn't have time to detour for a picture. Fortunately, Julie traveled around the Southwest a few months ago, and was kind enough to go out of her way to take a picture of the sign for me!



Now I have a wall devoted to tuba art!



I like this picture, because it also shows a mouthpiece and valve oil:

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nice art ;) I really like the one you did.