Saturday, May 30, 2009

Royal Arch

This morning I went for a hike with Paola and Julie. (Paola used to work at NOAA, and is in town for Harald's 40th birthday party tomorrow.)

Here we are on the shady side of Royal Arch (L to R, Julie, me, Paola):



We sat on the other side of the arch, drank water, ate snacks, rested, and took pictures like this one.



I took this picture of one of the Flatirons through the Arch.



Julie took this photograph at the base of the trail near Chautauqua. We've had so much rain, you can hardly tell where the fire in January burned the grass along the distant hillside.



After the hike, I went to help my officemate Ilana move from her apartment to her new townhouse.

Then I went to Costco with Harald to help him buy supplies for tomorrow's party!

1 comment:

Julie said...

We don't look stupid at all.... Thanks again for the hike and your patience!!