Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

It was a busy Memorial Day for me. I awoke at 5:30 am in an attempt to get to the starting line of the Bolder Boulder by 7:25. Unfortunately, there were so many people (I heard 54,000 ran in the race today), that by the time I took the bus to the starting line and stood in line to check my backpack and then pushed my way to the front of the starting-line pack, it was nearly 8. And despite being sick all week, I was able to finish! Here are my results.

After the race, I met up with Rich and Sara.



The race ends in Folsom Stadium (where the University of Colorado plays their football games).



We sat in the stands awhile to watch the later waves finish, then the professional women and men finish, then the Memorial Day festivities, including several parachutists.



Then I went into Denver to meet my friend Jorge from New Mexico and his girlfriend Charlene. We had a late lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, then walked around downtown. We bought the cheapest tickets we could to see the last 2.5 innings of the Rockies-Dodgers game.



When that ended, we headed over to the Pepsi Center to see the Nuggets-Lakers game. The Nuggets tied the series at 2 games apiece!



And now it is almost midnight, and I am ready for bed!

No comments: