Saturday, August 23, 2008

Brandi Carlile at Chautauqua

I went with Rich and co-workers Sara, Julie, and Elena to Chautauqua auditorium for a Brandi Carlile concert tonight. Although it was a sold-out concert and we didn't have tickets, they open up several large doors around the auditorium and allow people to sit on blankets and chairs on the grassy areas just outside. We started picnicking at 6 and the concert began at 8. (Fortunately, we got there early enough to hear her sound check, where she did a nice rendition of Elton John's Curtains that she didn't do during the concert). As usual, I forgot my camera, so I'll have to wait for Sara and Rich to give me pictures!

Update: Here's a pictures Sara took of (L to R) Elena, me, and Julie.



For awhile it was raining, and we all hid under the tarp and drank wine. Here's Sara trying to open a bottle:



And here are Rich and Elena:

No comments: