Sunday, July 20, 2008

Work Last Week

I spent most of last week moving my instrument out to the Erie Tower (in Erie, CO, a 40-minute drive East of Boulder). My boss and I used the same setup we do on the airplane:



My CO2 instrument is comprised of the box with the keypad in the top right of the rack, the gold-colored structure above it, and the laptop. Everything else pictured measures NO, NO2, NOy, and ozone.

Luckily we are inside the building this time. I was out at the Erie site last November helping NASA develop a satellite-based CO2 instrument. I had to put my instrument on the tower's carriage and run it up and down to obtain vertical profiles of CO2. Just for fun (since I didn't have a blog back then), here's a picture of the building I'm in now, taken from the top of the tower last November (it's to the right of my foot):



The tower is about 1000 ft. high. The yellow strap is part of my safety harness.

No comments: