Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday evening I again rode my bike to Louisville, this time for the Louisville Street Faire. I took the northern route this time to avoid the big hill. I met up with Sara, Lenore and Rich in front of the band stage.


Saturday, I went for a bike ride with Sara. Here's a bird I saw during the ride. The winds were pretty strong, and this bird of prey was hovering about twenty feet off the ground. Its wings and body would adjust with the wind to keep its head perfectly still.

Saturday night I went to a friend from NOAA Jessica's party. My friend John from work was also there, as well as a dozen or so of Jessica's friends.

Today, Rich, Sara, and Lenore rode down from Louisville to meet Ilana and me in Boulder. Ilana works at NCAR, which is how she knows Rich and Sara, and she interviewed with my boss this past week for a post-doc position.
The five of us rode around town and stopped for lunch at Lucky's Cafe in North Boulder.

And finally, tonight I thought the moon and clouds looked cool, so I tried to capture the coolness:

No comments: