Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tennis, biking, and dinner

No pictures today because I didn't bring my camera with me.

This morning I played tennis with my boss's mother, who is a top-ten-ranked 75+ yr. old woman in the world. We played with another co-worker of mine (and one of three people I regularly play tennis with throughout the summer), Ken. We weren't able to find a fourth for doubles, so we rotated and played one vs. two. She was quite good, and we had a competitive match. Afterwards, we went to my boss's house for brunch.

After brunch, I went for a bike ride up to Louisville and back. The wind pattern was such that it took me longer to go down the hill than up; I rode home into a steady 20 mph wind, with gusts that would nearly bring me to a halt.

I made up for the extra workout with a big dinner. Steve, a graduate student at Georgia Tech during my time there, just got into town this evening. He, John, and I met up for dinner at a sports bar to watch the Celtics-Lakers (Steve is from New England) and the Cubs game (John is from Chicago).

1 comment:

Uthacalthing said...

That tailwind was very helpful while climbing the hill, wasn't it!

Hopefully the traffic lights had power restored by the time you rode. The opposing drivers we encountered were particularly confused by the lack of green lamps.