Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Bike Ride

Today I went on a 33-mile bike ride. I started off by riding up to Louisville to meet Sara and Rich. Here's a picture from the top of the hill looking back at Boulder:



The three of us rode down to Superior to meet Lenore, and then we explored the Coal Creek bike path. Here's a view of the front range from the path:



Here's a picture of Rich taking a picture of Sara:



And a picture of Lenore patiently waiting for Rich and I to finish taking pictures:



We had a nice lunch in downtown Louisville, but afterwards Rich discovered he had a flat tire. I looked at my tires and noticed I had a #$%!@ goathead in my tire. I had no idea what these things were until I moved out West. Luckily it was jammed in there so well that my tire didn't leak until I got home and took it out. Here's a picture of the culprit:



Oh yeah, and one last thing. One might think I'd be rewarded for my troubles this morning riding up that hill to Louisville, right? Well, on my way home, I rode directly into a stiff headwind. I didn't even need to use my brakes going down that hill because my body was like a human parachute slowing my descent!

No comments: