Sunday, May 26, 2013

Suzy

My parents had to put their dog, Suzy, to sleep today.  She was just over 17 years old.

I remember playing with her as a puppy.  She liked to play tug of war with her rope while moving back and forth.  If you put your hand on the ground as a tummy-tickling obstacle, she'd jump over your hand while still holding the rope in her mouth! 

Suzy loved people.  I've never met a dog that felt as comfortable sitting with people as she did.  She also trusted she wouldn't be dropped, which allowed me to do Circle of Life jokes with her whenever I saw her!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from over the years:

Suzy in the kitchen (her favorite place!)


Me, Suzy, and Emy






Holding Tasha and Suzy at the dog grooming place





Jackson and Suzy at Christmas


Suzy after waking up from a nap





Suzy and Emy from Christmas 2012




Bye Suz.




1 comment:

Sara said...

Aw - I'm sorry Jeff. She sounds like a great little friend.