Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rocky Mountain National Park

I went to Rocky Mountain National Park today.


I drove along Trail Ridge Road, the highest continuous highway in the U.S. I stopped at Lava Cliffs to recreate this photo from my youth.


I did it from memory, so I didn't get the exact stone I was resting on!


The Gore Range parking lot provided a nice view down Forest Canyon. That's Longs Peak at the end on the left.


Then I went up to Bear Lake (as I always do, it seems).


I learned that the view of Longs Peak from the lake


was the inspiration for the Colorado quarter design:



This view was one of my favorites, so I'll show yet another similar shot!


I thought about turning around when I first got to Estes Park because the Labor Day traffic was so bad. Next time I go, I'll try not to choose a holiday weekend!

No comments: