Sunday, April 25, 2010

Beginning of Field Mission

I arrived in Tampa a week ago Sunday. I took this picture of MacDill AFB on the final approach to the Tampa airport.


We were supposed to test our instruments during a couple of short test flights, but I discovered on Monday that my instrument wasn't working. I had to uninstall it and send it back to the manufacturer for repairs.

The P-3 was supposed to transit to Colorado last Friday, but after takeoff, a "flaps asymmetry" warning light came on, so the plane had to land again.

All but the scientists making the transit on the P-3 went home anyway. I took this picture of clouds on the way home.


On Saturday, I picked up my instrument from a FedEx facility and drove it to Rocky Mountain Metro airport. I also saw the P-3 land.


Today, I put my instrument back on the plane. It works!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm jaleous... I miss you guys ;(

Sara said...

nice pictures Jeff!