Sunday, September 6, 2009

My first camping trip

I went camping Saturday with Rich, Sara, and Josh. We started a few miles north of Ward just off the Peak to Peak Highway. Here are Rich, Sara, and Josh at the beginning of our trek:


Along our way south, I took these pictures.



These mountains in the distance are the ones right next to Boulder:


We found a camping spot on the southeastern slope of Niwot Ridge. Here Sara and Rich begin preparations for dinner.


We had almost finished dinner when it started raining, then hailing. While I was in the tent, I lifted up the rain fly and blindly took this picture:


This morning, I took this picture of our camp.


Then we retraced our steps back to the car. I think we walked somewhere around 19 miles altogether. Now, I'm exhausted and ready for bed!

No comments: